Laura Cubbage-Draper has been engaged in genealogical research for almost 20 years. She began researching her own family, followed by her husband’s family, after the birth of her first son. During this time of personal research and genealogical education, Laura began working on research projects for friends and a local historical society. Her passion for understanding our family histories and sharing that with others has led to the creation of LCD Genealogy Services.
- Boston University, Certificate in Genealogical Research, May 2018
- New Jersey Family History Institute, September 2018 – “Sources and Strategies for New Jersey Family History Research,” Melissa Johnson, CG.
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), June 2018 – “From Confusion to Conclusion: How to Write Proof Arguments,” Kimberly Powell and Harold Henderson, CG
- Czechoslovak Genealogy Society International Genealogical and Cultural Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2017
- National Genealogical Society, Home Study Course in American Genealogy – 2013-2017
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), July 2015 – “Pennsylvania: Research in the Keystone State,” Sharon Cook MacInnes, Ph.D. and Michael D. Lacopo, D.V.M.
- National Genealogical Society Conference, Richmond, Virginia – May 2014
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), July 2013 – “Intermediate Genealogy: Tools for Digging Deeper,” Paula Stuart-Warren, CG
- Syracuse University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and Master of Science in Counseling and Higher Education Administration
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of New Jersey
- Virginia Genealogy Society
- Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
- Monmouth County Genealogy Society
- Metuchen-Edison Historical Society, Archives Volunteer
- Genealogy Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America, 2018