Laura enjoys collaborating with clients, helping them to understand their unique family history through customized research and analysis. Services offered by LCD Genealogy include, but are not limited to:
- Customized research to answer a specific genealogical question — from the building of a basic family tree, to more in-depth research and analysis
- Complete report of research findings and analysis
- Record lookup, document retrieval and cemetery searches
- Lecture: Discovering Your Family History
- Genealogy Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America (this program can be tailored for Girl Scouts or other youth organizations)
Contact Laura for a free consultation and to discuss your specific research or presentation needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the process of hiring you for genealogy research work?
Each client request is different. Some are simply looking for a local record look-up. Others are complex and involve more research and analysis. I will review your individual request to determine how to best help you understand your unique family. Occasionally we may need to simplify your research goal, or separate it into smaller projects. I require a signed contract and deposit before beginning any research. ompleted research includes a report which contains analysis of family information located, copies of documents, and suggestions for future research. Contact me for a free consultation.
How long does it take to research my family?
This also varies by client request. Some projects require records that are easily accessible, while others require more involved research to exhaust the resources needed to identify your family. We can discuss a possible timeframe once we solidify your research goal.