Laura enjoys collaborating with clients and helping them to understand their unique family history through customized research and analysis. Services offered by LCD Genealogy include, but are not limited to:
- Customized research to answer a specific genealogical question — from the building of a basic family tree, to more in-depth research and analysis
- Lectures and webinars:
- Introduction to Genealogy: Discovering Your Family History
- FamilySearch.org: Getting the Most of a Free Genealogy Resource
- Consultations (in-person or via phone) to:
- assist with your genealogical problem and help you devise a plan for your research
- help you understand your DNA testing results
- Record lookup, document retrieval and cemetery searches
- Genealogy Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America (this program can be tailored for Girl Scouts or other youth organizations)
Contact Laura for a free consultation and to discuss your specific research or presentation needs.
- 6 hours – $200
- 12 hours – $400
- 18 hours – $600
Standard research rate is $35 per hour. Non-research services vary based on the project. All services includes a free 30-minute phone consultation to discuss your research needs and determine the scope and starting point for the project.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the process of hiring you for genealogy research work?
Each client request is different. Some are simply looking for a local record look-up retrieval. Others are looking for help with a complex genealogical problem which involves more research and analysis. Laura will review your individual request to determine how to best help you understand your unique family. Occasionally we may need to simplify your research goal, or separate it into smaller projects.
A signed contract and deposit are required before beginning any research. Completed research includes a detailed report which contains analysis of family information located, copies of documents, and suggestions for future research. Contact Laura for a free consultation.
How long does it take to research my family?
This also varies by client request. Some projects require records that are easily accessible, while others require more involved research to exhaust the resources needed to identify your family. We can discuss a possible timeframe once we solidify your research goal.